What are the default backup retentions for Azure resources?
- The default policy backs up the VM once a day. The daily backups are retained for 30 days. Instant recovery snapshots are retained for two days.
- The default retention rule applies if no other retention rule is specified. In Azure Disk Backup, the default values for trigger are a scheduled trigger for every 4 hours (PT4H) and to retain each backup for seven days.
- The default backup policy is daily backups that will be retained for 30 days.
- SQL server on VM The same defualt policy a VM’s.
- Postgres server: The default retention rule is applied in the absence of any other retention rule and has a default value of three months.
- The default retention when you create a new policy is 30 days.